Monday, April 2, 2018

Spring + Easter 2018

Hey y'all! Happy Spring (and for me, happy spring break!) I don't think I have ever been more ready for winter to be over than I was this year. Winter 2018 was a nasty one here in the South. We had snow, rain, and a nasty flu that just would not leave people alone. No thank you! I don't think anyone was too sad to say goodbye to the cold, even if it means we are welcoming in the pollen that comes with this change in season and turns EVERYTHING a lovely allergy-inducing shade of yellow. The husband and I have been trying to take advantage of this warmer weather to FINALLY get that screen porch of ours finished. You know, the one we started back in...July? Lol, oops. We basically took a break from November-March, but we are back at it now and are SO close to finishing! I cannot wait! Hopefully by the time it's all screened in, this pollen will subside and I can spend all of my free time sitting out there with a cup of coffee and a good book. I'll keep ya posted. Oh, speaking of coffee, I finally decided it was time to invest in a coffee pot. 2 years into my coffee drinking adventure, I realized I needed to add one to my ever-growing collection of coffee making devices. So here it is in all its Costco glory.


It's a Cuisinart Brew Central 14 cup coffee maker and it has already been put to great use.  In case anyone is in the market for a new one, I got mine for $60 and I highly recommend it if you have a Costco membership. I think the normal retail price is somewhere around $90-$100. If I can find it for a good price, I'll link it at the end of this post. Thank you, coffee. Thank you for existing. Sorry it took me so long to discover your beauty.

Okay, sorry that got weird. Moving on. Decorating for Spring/Easter is one of my favorite things ever. I have always loved color (lol probably wouldn't guess from the way my house looks, huh?) and as an adult, pastels have really become my thing. I'm secretly contemplating just leaving my egg decor up all year round. Until fall when I have to add my pumpkins to the mix. That's totally normal, right? Don't answer.

I found this amazing egg wreath at a little family-owned flower shop and I am obsessed. I've never been able to find a full-size egg wreath with all of my favorite pastel colors and this wreath has it all. Clearly I love it because I ended up moving it all over the house trying to decide where it looked best.




I mean, seriously? How cute is that thing?! I just love it so much. I also ended up buying a couple of Target Threshold brand egg topiaries this year to add to my decor. They have them every year and I have never been too interested...but this year they chose the most perfectly pastel color scheme and I could not resist! I did somehow stop myself from buying and keeping every single thing in the collection. Just the 2 arrangements were enough. That's willpower, people. Target is my life.



I mean, just look how perfectly it matches my Bethany Lowe Designs Easter tree! It was meant to be. I have had the tree for a few years and I don't think it's very easily available these days but if I can find it, I'll link it at the end of the post!


Sadly it's the same thing for these adorable bunnies. I got these a few years ago at At Home (formerly Garden Ridge). They originally had shiny gold inside of the ears but me being me, I painted over it with white acrylic paint. I know, I have a problem.

Speaking of bunnies, I actually added a few more of those to my collection this year as well. Darn you, Target dollar spot!





I mean, they were $3 a piece...I couldn't just not buy them, right? Once again, I painted over the shiny gold in their ears with my acrylic white paint that I also (surprise) get at target. I'll try to link it below as well! I really wish I could link these cutie little bunnies, but of course they aren't on the Target website. I really think they need to change that! Hopefully if you're interested, your dollar spot still has some available. Grab that stuff quick. It goes fast!

Oh! One last bunny related item. I promise I'm almost done here. A few weeks ago, my Mom, sister, and I were at Williams-Sonoma (for like the second time in my life, lol) and I spotted the most ridiculously unnecessary yet needed kitchen item that I had ever seen. This. Bunny. Pan. Oh my word. It was over-priced and oh so random but I just knew I had to have it. I have actually already used it twice! First to make these cutie little chocolate chip bunnies that I made for the hubs a couple weeks ago.


Hand mixer, bowl, and canisters will be linked at the end of the post!




(and the platter too!) It's all from the same beaded collection at...guess where? Target! I have the entire line of it. Plates, mugs, bowls, serveware. It's gorgeous, it's white, it's cheap, and it's easy to find. You just can't beat it. I consider it to be a much less expensive dupe for the Pottery Barn Emma line! Just FYI.

Then yesterday, I actually got to use it again to make some lemon bunny cakes for my family's Easter celebration! I mean come on, does it get any cuter? I will have the amazon link for this pan down below as well!

Alright, I guess that about wraps it up. Thank y'all so much for reading. This is the first time in forever that I have actually posted a holiday/seasonal post in a timely manner. I can hardly believe it myself. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and have a very happy spring!

LINKS:




Desk Lamps (on my nightstands): Crosby Schoolhouse Desk Lamp

Beaded Platter: Threshold Beaded Platter


Glass Canisters: Heritage Hill Glass Jar


Ceramic Bunny (Similar): Ceramic Standing Bunny

My Favorite Acrylic Paint: Hand-Made Modern Acrylic Paint

My White Beaded Dishes: Threshold Beaded Dinnerware





No comments:

Post a Comment