Monday, April 18, 2016

Welcome!

Hi! My name is Ashley. I am a mid-twenties preschool teacher with a passion for interior design and all things vintage. I decorate for every holiday (and I do mean every). My favorite holiday is Groundhog's Day and I celebrate it every year. I love all things chocolate and I hate the smell of cloves. I graduated from The University of Georgia with a degree in Early Childhood Education in 2013 and have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 3 years. He is my best friend and partner in everything DIY. He's an engineer and is honestly the smartest person I know. He is the Chip to my Joanna and I wouldn't trade him for the world! For years now I have obsessed over several different home design blogs and thought to myself...how do these people do it? I have always been intimidated to start one of my own for fear of the unknown. After all, I have absolutely no educational or professional experience with interior design. What if nobody likes my style? What if nobody cares to read a whole post about the ridiculously cool mason jar I just found? What if I just stink at blogging? Well, I finally decided to jump in and try it out. After all, if you don't like my stuff, you don't have to read it! This is something I have wanted to do so I am doing it! No expectations, just showing the internet world how much I love windows, wreaths, and all things holiday. I would describe my style as sort of a mix of cottage/farmhouse/vintage/shabby chic and I hope if nothing else, I can inspire any other intimidated design lovers to take the leap and show the world what you can do! My hubs and I bought our home almost two years ago and since then, we have worked very hard to make it our own. There have been some late nights...a lot of painting (and re-painting...just ask my family!) and a whole lot of DIY projects...but it has been worth every second! I consider my house to be a work in progress, always. I am never done rearranging and re-doing and that's what I love the most. I am by no means a professional photographer, nor do I have any professional photography equipment. All the pictures you will see are from my iPhone and I apologize in advance for the quality as a result! I plan to use this blog as a venue for showing you my home, things I am currently loving, fun vintage finds, as well as maybe a couple of my favorite dessert recipes because let's face it, desserts are life. I call our home Smith Cottage (hence the name of the blog) and I hope you'll join me in this new adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment