Thursday, September 29, 2016

Fall Home Tour 2016

HAPPY FALL Y'ALL! Welcome to my favorite season EVER! Pumpkins, corn mazes, fairs, caramel apples, flannel, cider, chunky sweaters, boots, hayrides, chilly nights, bonfires, and crunchy leaves. What more could you possibly want out of life? My obsession with all things fall is very real. This year I cannot even count the number of people who have sent me or tagged me in those "when you see one leaf hit the ground" or "pumpkin dancing" videos. I am not ashamed. I am a basic PSL drinking, boots and leggings wearing (when I'm not at work of course!), fall loving gal and I wouldn't want it any other way. All that being said, it should come as no surprise that I love to decorate my home for this gorgeous season. This year, I have been all about the neutrals. Over the past several months, I have made it my mission to make my home decor as simple and neutral as possible while still maintaining the cottage look that I'm after. This has of course, extended into my fall decorating. Now that it is officially fall and the temperature today is in the 60's, AND i'm on fall break, I felt it only appropriate to do this blog post. Strangely enough, the sole reason the hubs and I even came and looked at this house when we were browsing real estate websites was because of one picture of the front porch. One picture with one pumpkin on the stoop. It caught my eye and I said, "Mack! That one, I like that one!" He was like, "Which one? The one with the pumpkin?" and I was like "Yeah! Let's put that one on our list!" He looked at me like I was insane (and I am) for wanting to go look at a house just because there was a picture of a pumpkin on the porch, but low and behold, we put it on our list and we went to check it out the next day. Fast forward a few years and here we are! Decorating that very porch for my favorite season and having no regrets about giving into my strange pumpkin-induced whim. That is a really random story that you probably totally didn't care to know, but I felt like telling it anyways! Here is that magical picture that nobody besides me would probably ever think was magical.


and here is our porch today. Note: we changed the door about a year into living here. I was craving some more light in our foyer! My S door hanger was a local find and the mums and cornstalks came from Home Depot. I also have my electric Jack-o-lanterns that will be making their porch debut as soon as October rolls around!


Moving right along! Most of my fall decor comes from World Market and Target (as does pretty much all the decor in my home that isn't thrifted). First stop, the mantle.


Ever since we did our shiplap wall, I just cannot bring myself to cover up much of it. My mantle decor has become much more simplistic this year and I do not hate it at all. These sweet little pumpkin bakers are from World Market and I adore them. The colors are perfect and hey, you can cook in them if you want...so pretty AND functional! Win win!

The den tour continues with the couch and the love seat. My beloved sweater pillows are currently up in the guest room so for now, the den is sticking with one of my other fall faves, plaid. These beauties are from Target's fall collection from last year and the boxwood wreath is from Target too (duh). I am sure I've mentioned it before but my amazing Smith Cottage sign is from my fave etsy shop ever, RBT Home Decor. They have made so many of the custom signs in my home and I am obsessed with everything they do! Check them out y'all. Seriously. 





The cantilever lamp by the couch is one of my favorite things ever. I just recently purchased it from Target for $35 to replace my old floor lamp and I have no regrets. That cute little gray pumpkin on the side table is also from Target (shocker, I know) and my favorite Primitives by Kathy "Our Nest" pillow is from Altar'd State. The toile ottoman is a yard sale find and the boxwood wreath on the thrifted window came from Joann a couple years ago. I know I have shown y'all my blanket ladder before but...I couldn't help it. Cable knit and fall just belong together.


This little piece of our home is so small and so random but I couldn't resist snapping a picture. We only have the tiniest bit of stair railing but you better believe I throw some lit garland on it at Christmas and some precious gold pumpkin candles from Home Goods on it for fall. This railing desperately needs a makeover...but that's for another day!

Onto the kitchen! Even my pie safe has not been safe (lol...get it? safe?!) from a pumpkin takeover this season. I have switched out all of my old dishes for neutral ones (pretty much all Rae Dunn from Home Goods and Pioneer Woman from Walmart) seriously y'all these are CHEAP dishes! I mean that in the best way, price wise not durability wise! The pumpkins with the gold leaf base are a Hobby Lobby find from last year. The pumpkin soup bowl and pumpkin butter dish are from Walmart's Better Homes and Gardens collection from this year! Seriously, if you haven't checked it out yet, do. I feel like ole walms gets a bad rep for home stuff but seriously, the BH&G collection never disappoints. The other white pumpkins in there are all from Target over the last few years. All of my Rae Dunn goodness has come from Home Goods/Marshalls/TJ Maxx as I have mentioned before, the Lunch sign is a World Market find from a few years ago, and the Market Fresh sign is another RBT Home Decor beauty.


MORE RAE DUNN! This mug was added to her collection this year and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. I actually found this particular one at a TJ Maxx in Milledgeville over Labor Day Weekend when my friends and I stopped in looking for hot chocolate. Fate, am I right?!


and speaking of pumpkin spice...this.stuff. right. here. is. AMAZING. My director at work bought it for us a couple weeks ago and I have become totally addicted. So if you haven't tried it yet, you should. You will not regret it. I got mine at Walmart (seriously what is with walms having everything I need lately?) but I know it can be found at Publix as well! Plus, you can't just drink PSL at home out of a normal mug...it has to have it's own Pumpkin Spice mug, am I right?!


The last stop on this little tour is my little powder room. Seriously, this room is such a favorite of mine. In the theme of keeping it simple this year, I just decided to display yet ANOTHER RBT Home Decor sign of mine that ended up matching just PERFECTLY in the space. The lighting in this room is SO tricky, but if you can't tell, it reads: cider, flannel, and crunchy leaves. Talk. About. Perfect.


Well, that just about wraps it up. I think i'll go back to watching my fave Netflix show (Fireplace for the Home) okay it isn't my favorite and Mack hates it, but I LOVE the sound of the crackling fireplace even when it's not quite cold enough to actually have one, and drinking me a PSL. I have linked as many items as I could at the bottom to shop for and if the exact item is no longer available, I have linked a similar one! Happy Fall, Y'all. Thanks for reading!



Pumpkin Bakers: White   Green
Velvet Pumpkin: Here
Our Nest Pillow: Here
Boxwood Wreath: Here
Market Fresh Sign: Here
BH&G Pumpkins: Soup Bowl   Butter Dish
White Pumpkins: Large   Small
Gold Leaf Pumpkin (A DIY Tutorial): Here
Gold Pumpkin Candles (Similar): Here
Cantilever Lamp: Here
Plaid Pillows (Similar): Here
Gold Flatware: Here

No comments:

Post a Comment